Avenham Pavilion

In February 2005 the studio won an RIBA competition to design a new pavilion for Avenham Park in Preston. The project forms the centrepiece in a Heritage Lottery Funded scheme to restore the landscape, buildings and artefacts in two adjacent Grade II listed parks, namely Avenham and Miller Parks. Edward Milner, the noted English landscape gardener, originally designed the two parks in the 1860’s and these are thought to be the best surviving examples of his work today. The building comprises a classroom, café, toilet facilities, ranger’s base and small intimate performance space to the outside. The building won a Civic Trust Award.

Client: Preston City Council
Year of Completion: 2008

031 061.jpg